Sunday, May 13, 2012

Kindle Fire Lightweight MicroShell Folio Cover by Marware

Kindle Fire Lightweight MicroShell Folio Cover by Marware, Black
I actually like this case!  I am puzzled with all the bad reviews for this case. I was expecting something terrible to show up when I saw the reviews start popping up yesterday. The case is basically a plastic shell on the outside for the back, and a thin synthetic type material for the front, very similar (but thinner) to Apple's smartcover for iPad 2. The device fits inside the plastic shell perfectly. There is no room for it to move around at all.


The plastic part has a elastic band on the bank which can be used to insert your hand and hold the device when reading on it, or it can be brought to the front to securely close the front flap on the case. Overall it is a slim profile case that adds only marginal bulk to the device. The front flap has in inner velvet lining which comes in contact with the screen and keeps is safe.

Parts that could have been better - the front flap is slim, but a little too thin. I'm sure it will protect the device adequately, but it feels lacking in terms of protection. Not a big deal for me personally because I use the device only at home and am fairly good with keeping my devices safe. The second, the most important drawback of this case is that the stand just plain and simple - sucks! It is very flimsy, again because of the thin material on the flap. There is no way the device can be held on the stand when reading on the Kindle in my lap, for example. The only way the stand stays firm is if it's kept on a flat surface like a table or something. I think if they wanted to keep the material thin, that would be fine, except they should have added some weight in the middle part of the front panel that folds around - this part takes the weight of the stand, and if it was made slightly thicker, it would have worked very well.

Other than these two drawbacks, I like this case and I would recommend it if you're looking for a light-use case. For those who paid $39.99 in pre-orders, Amazon automatically put in a $10 gift card in my account for the price difference, I didn't even have to contact them. I am assuming everyone received the credit. If you didn't, you can probably contact them for assistance. review By FreeSpirit

1 comment :